Saturday, September 27, 2008

French Macarons

I don't remember when I started craving for them, but did spend a while searching for good recipes for French macarons. First of all, American 'macaroons" are quite different besides the extra 'o'; do not mistake the two. I haven't tasted [coconut] macaroons before but people who have had the real deal swear by macarons.

Several months ago, I was out on a search for Go Go Curry (as recommended by Leena) and due to a lack of navigational skill, got lost. While I was running down 36th st, I saw a nice big sign: MacarOn.

(insert epic macro)

My brains exploded

I walked inside and lo and behold, a big big BIG array of macarons awaited me. They're heavenly and I do recommed you to RUN to this place right now. Of course, if you can spare $1.75 for a cookie, go for it. There are some pretty long lines sometimes but I haven't ever come across anything longer than 3 people. Being a pretty cheap and jobless student, It's kinda *cough*hard for me to shell out $2.50 or even $5 for one of those macarons at La Maison du Chocolat plus what better than to grab a big juicy macaron(s) after a day's worth of shopping at Herald Square. (Their sandwiches have good reviews too :D)

Nevertheless, it's a convenient location tucked away safely away from tourists (haw haw haw) and if anything, try a macaron. There are samples on plate sometimes so if you're lucky you get to try a piece before you buy any.

other reviews
(Yelp)
*plugs* Yanise's


http://www.macaroncafe.com/

161 W 36th St
(between 7th Ave & Broadway)
New York, NY 10018 (646) 573-5048

No comments:


poupeegirl fashion brand community