Sunday, November 28, 2010

Laaazy post

As usual, I've been making random food but haven't had time to post them. I'll just cram them all into one post.... :D

For my friend's birthday in July, I tried my hand at making white chocolate macadamia cookies. Firstly, I'd like to stress how expensive macadamia nuts are and how hard they were to find outside of Whole Foods. Secondly, I'd like to mention that sugar is not to be underestimated. I added so much sugar to these poor cookies... the other people I gave the cookies to were afraid to eat them, for fear of diabetes. =w=
















oof and please forgive the camera quality. I need to get some sort of a lens cleaner already...
----------------
In October, my parents bought way too many asian pears at home. As a result, I made spiced
pear jam to go with waffles. I'm still not finished with the second jar though...
















-----------------
Stacy's pita chips are kinda expensive for me (I'm a sucker for cheap things :P) so I was thrilled to find Sahadi's. It's a great Middle Eastern grocery store located in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn and they have the cheapest possible pita bread that I've seen- ONLY $.75 a bag for 6 pitas. Along with cheap pita, I made my own hummus, which is so much more cost effective even compared to buying it from Trader Joe's! I recommend using dried garbanzo beans as it saves cans AND it's... cheap. I just can't stop using this word!
















----------------------
I've been looking for silicon baking cups for the past few years and usually they're $20 for 12. Can't have that... Then I found some for only $2 at Jack's 99 cent store~. But I haven't been making cupcakes at all so I finally found a use for them; mini quiches. I'm too lazy to make/ buy crusts, so these are sans pastry. Basically I grated cheddar cheese, layered chunks of spam and onion, and added a whisked egg with milk. The little toaster oven baked them in about 10 minutes? if not 15. Aren't they adorable?

No comments:


poupeegirl fashion brand community